Senior Data Software Engineer
Seoul (Hybrid) • Full time
- KOREAN: FLUENT
- Data Engineering
- Data Analysis
Artefact is the next generation end-to-end data service company, with a focus on consulting and marketing, that helps organisations transform data into value and business impact.
Our broad range of data-driven solutions in data consulting and digital marketing are designed to meet our clients’ specific needs, always conceived with a business-centric approach and delivered with tangible results.
We have 1300+ employees across 20 offices who are focused on accelerating digital transformation. Thanks to a unique mix of company assets: State of the art data technologies, lean AI agile methodologies for fast delivery, and cohesive teams of the finest business consultants, data analysts, data scientists, data engineers, and digital experts, all dedicated to bringing extra value to every client.
About The Role
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
As a Senior Data Engineer, Your Role Will Encompass
- Identify optimization opportunities in the existing Identify optimization opportunities in the existing codebase, test, present and deploy solutions
- Collaborating with the consulting and data team to provide comprehensive services to clients
- Using your technical abilities to assist in the transformation of clients’ marketing department
- Help securing delivery on projects with Data Engineer
- Working closely with your Consulting counterpart to build and maintain strong relationships with your clients and best understand their needs
- Ensuring that your solutions are bringing values to the client
- Being a good team player and a great tech person
- Demonstrating the skill and credibility required to ensure the success of our clients’ initiatives
- Researching and developing new technical approaches to address problems efficiently
- Experience working with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka...
- Delivering Data Lake / Big Data projects including (data ingestion, machine learning model application, code deployment)
- Being able to adapt your solutions and approaches to technical environments (security, access, tools)
- Understanding business requirements and transforming them into technical solutions using Data Engineering stack.
- Handling massive data transformation and providing optimise solution.
- Ability to adapt, learn, grow and deliver as per client’s architecture.
- Continuous learning attitude in fast-paced environment.
Competences & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- Solid knowledge of computer science, data processing, data architecture and ability to provide robust scalable solutions to client.
- Intellectual curiosity and excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to structure and prioritise an approach for maximum impact.
- Excellent Skills in Python, Linux, SQL, Spark, Hive
- Experience in designing data integration/ETL
- Understand Big Data Architecture and purpose of relevant tools
- Stay up to date on the latest data engineering tools available in the industry and follow best engineering practice.
- Cloud knowledge on any of the cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Good analytics and any reporting tool for data analysis.
- Ability to flag any potential risk on current architecture and provide mitigation solutions.
- Fluency in English and Korean required
We believe data is changing the world, and it’s just the beginning. We want this to be done in the right way, with transparency and ethics. This is the only way to create sustainable impact for business and society.
We are on a mission to build the next generation of data leaders who:
- Fully capture the power of data & digital to deliver business value ;
- Bring understanding, trust & transparency of data into our society.
- Collaboration : People of different background and expertise working closely together;
- Trust & Transparency: Dealing with data topics with integrity and ethics; Realistic and honest with our capabilities and limitations;
- Innovation: Always working on the most trendy and new topics on data and digital; Always on top of the new ways of using data;
- Action: We would rather do than to tell what to do; Has a “building the plane while flying” agile mentality.
Our Unique Attributes
- We bring great value to business and create a better society with the understanding, transparency and ethical use of data ;
- We build the next generation of data leaders ;
- We disrupt the market :
- Data Native - Born with data and defining data ;
- ART + SCIENCE - Mixture of talents in ART (Creative, Planning, Media, Consumer Engagement) and SCIENCE (Data Consulting, Data Science, Data Engineer) ;
- One P&L - Integrated & collaborative, with all chapters working toward the same goal ;
- End to End - Capabilities from Strategize to Build to Run.