Staff, Backend Engineer(Fulfillment and Transportation Data Platform)
Seoul (Hybrid) • Full time
- KOREAN: NOT REQUIRED
- ENGLISH: BUSINESS
We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce. We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people who like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day. Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The global operations data science and engineering organization (GODS/DSE) within Fulfillment and Transportation Systems (FTS) Technology is responsible for building efficient and scalable online decision-making and offline decision support systems to solve business problems. These systems include logistics network design, warehouse order picking, warehouse layout (stow recommendation, SKU slotting), first-, middle-, and last-mile delivery, revenue management (route pricing), and labor management systems, to name a few. These systems are integral parts of efficient warehouse and logistics operations, which allow Coupang to offer even faster fulfillment times with more coverage and at lower costs. They are key to the bottom line of Coupang Corp.
These systems are extensively integrated with warehouse management and logistics systems, covering everything from order processing to warehouse operations and logistics delivery. The desired candidate will help GODS/DSE build systems that drive the overall process and workflow of Coupang’s warehouse and logistics systems. This work will not only include designing and building world-class systems but also driving the adoption of advanced technologies in automation, robotics, and process optimization.
This position will report directly to the Head of GODS/GODSE and will offer the autonomy to explore various technical areas in order to discover significant innovations.
- Lead and drive architecture design of GODSE systems for scale, extensibility, and reliability
- Envision and drive alignment with stakeholders of the appropriate roadmap and direction of technology for GODSE
- Navigate and alleviate technical obstacles and blockers at the organizational level
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions, providing mechanisms for the teams to prioritize ruthlessly and “move with urgency.”
- Write code when necessary to lead by example and help with high-priority projects
- Proactively identify opportunities in both business and technology
- Review, advise, and carry out the adoption of new technology (both open-source and commercial) that is useful in achieving business objectives
- Recruit and develop world-class engineering talent
- Drive the development of automation and robotics initiatives
- 7+ years of experience in developing and operating backend services and web applications
- Strong familiarity developing with Java and the Spring Framework
- Experience in designing large-scale distributed systems and architectures
- Service development and operational experience in an AWS environment
- Experience driving improvements in code quality
- Experience using ORM such as JPA, Hibernate, and domain modeling
- Broad and deep understanding of key technologies in storage, data processing, and serving
- Excellent communications and collaborations across teams and across functionalities
- Capable of object-oriented design and development
- Experience with logistics-related service development
- Experience with warehouse-related service development
- Experience in automating build/test/deploy
- Experience with bulk data processing using NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Git system for version control
- Experience with relational and column-oriented databases
- Agile experience
- Document Screening-Phone Interview-Face-to-Face Interview–Final Acceptance
- The selection process may vary by job position and can change according to the schedule and circumstances.
- The schedule of the selection process and results will be individually notified via the email registered in the application form.
- This job posting may close early if the positions are filled.
- If any false information is found in the application, the acceptance may be revoked.
- The status of being a person eligible for veterans' preference or a person with a disability will not disadvantage you in the recruitment process.
- Document Return Policy This notice is in accordance with Article 11 (6) of the "Fair Hiring Procedure Act".
- Applicants who have not been finally accepted for employment may request the return of the submitted hiring documents according to the "Fair Hiring Procedure Act". However, this does not apply to documents submitted via the website or email, or documents voluntarily submitted without our request, and if the hiring documents are destroyed due to a natural disaster or other reasons not attributable to the company, they are considered returned.
- Applicants who request the return of hiring documents according to the above paragraph must fill out the Document Return Request Form [Form No. 3 of the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit it to our email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The documents will be sent by registered mail to the designated address within 14 days from the confirmation of submission. Please note that the postage for the registered mail will be charged to the recipient. The company will retain the original hiring documents submitted by the applicant for 180 days after the hiring decision has been confirmed in anticipation of the applicant's request for return according to the above paragraph. If the applicant does not request the return of hiring documents by that time, we plan to destroy all the hiring documents without delay in accordance with the "Personal Information Protection Act".
- 서류전형-전화면접-대면면접–최종 합격
- 전형 절차는 직무별로 다르게 운영될 수 있으며, 일정 및 상황에 따라 변동될 수 있습니다.
- 전형 일정 및 결과는 지원서에 등록하신 이메일로 개별안내드립니다.
- 본 공고는 모집 완료 시 조기 마감될 수 있습니다.
- 지원서 내용 중 허위사실이 있는 경우에는 합격이 취소될 수 있습니다.
- 보훈대상자 및 장애인 여부는 채용 과정에서 어떠한 불이익도 미치지 않습니다.
- 개인정보 처리방침 쿠팡 그룹은 입사지원자 개인정보 처리방침(아래 링크)에 따라 귀하의 개인정보를 수집하여 처리합니다. https://www.coupang.jobs/kr/privacy-policy/
- 서류 반환 정책 본 고지는 『채용절차의 공정화에 관한 법률』 제11조 제6항에 따른 것입니다.
- 당사 채용에 응시한 구직자 중 최종합격이 되지 못한 구직자는 『채용절차의 공정화에 관한 법률』에 따라 제출한 채용서류의 반환을 청구할 수 있음을 알려 드립니다. 다만, 홈페이지 또는 전자우편으로 제출된 경우나 구직자가 당사의 요구 없이 자발적으로 제출한 경우에는 그러하지 아니하며, 천재지변이나 그 밖에 당사에게 책임 없는 사유로 채용서류가 멸실된 경우에는 반환한 것으로 봅니다.
- 위 2항 본문에 따라 채용서류 반환 청구를 하는 구직자는 채용서류 반환청구서[채용절차의 공정화에 관한 법률 시행규칙 별지 제3호 서식]를 작성하여 당사 이메일( email@example.com )로 제출하면, 제출이 확인된 날로부터 14일 이내에 지정한 주소지로 등기우편을 통하여 발송해 드립니다. 이 경우 등기우편요금은 수신자 부담으로 하게 되오니 유념하시기 바랍니다. 당사는 위 2항 본문에 따른 구직자의 반환 청구에 대비하여 채용 여부가 확정된 날로부터 180일간 구직자가 제출한 채용서류 원본을 보관하게 되며, 그때까지 채용서류의 반환을 청구하지 아니할 경우에는 『개인정보 보호법』에 따라 지체 없이 채용서류 일체를 파기할 예정입니다.