Art Director - Korea Based
Seoul (Remote) • Full time
- KOREAN: FLUENT
- Game Development
Created by Monsters. Built for gamers.™
TLM, an Endava company, is a world-class video game company focused on development for some of the biggest games in the industry. Our mission is to break down barriers in the video game industry and make game tech available to all game developers regardless of size.
We are looking for good humans with incredible talent to make great games.
Position Summary: Art Director
Create User Interface, Icons, Layouts, Mockups, Concepts, Wireframes, and Art Assets for Games.
- 100% Hybrid position & other cool benefits
- Working with an international team on AA or AAA games in an Unreal Studio
- Best-in-Class Benefits & Work Flexibility
- Represent and direct the Artistic vision of projects and iterate on new ideas, concepts, and prototypes to support the various business initiatives.
- Help establish the visual bar under the guidance of the Head of Art and the Creative leadership.
- Reports to: Head of Art and Visual Development
- Support the Head of Art to manage and direct the talented team of Artists across multiple disciplines and timezones.
- Help define the Artistic vision for various projects and initiatives of the company.
- Support the Head of Art in reviewing upcoming project / personnel needs and to facilitate the recruiting efforts to meet those needs.
- Faithfully execute on the development / mentorship plans set forth by the Head of Art.
- Participate in client facing meetings to provide subject matter expertise and to represent the Artistic vision for the stakeholders.
- Conduct weekly feedback sessions with the Artists and ensure a healthy team morale and focus.
- Portfolio that demonstrates your skills, talent, and relevant contributions.
- BA or BS in Art or Design
- Must be fluent in Korean and English, both written and spoken.
- Must reside in Seoul, South Korea and have authorization to work in South Korea.
- 10+ years in art positions within the video game industry developing for PC or Console.
- 3+ years experience as an Art Director managing a diverse team of artists developing games using Unreal 4/5 for PC and/or Console.
- Shipped 1+ AAA Unreal Engine video games on PC or Console within the last 3 years as the project Art Director.
- Proven experience in empowering and supporting art teams through all stages of game development.
- Proven ability to forecast art resources based on production roadmaps.
- Possess current and relevant knowledge in the latest art innovations/techniques/software in our industry and the ability to apply that knowledge to support the art teams consistently.
- Expertise in at least 3 of the following game art disciplines:
- Environment/World Development
- Concept Design Development
- Character/Creature Development
- Art production and management
- Lighting and Visual Look Development
- Experienced with Agile and Modified Waterfall for development.
- Demonstrable expertise with Adobe Creative Suite + Autodesk Maya or equivalent DCC package.
- Proficient with Jira, Confluence, Helix Core (Perforce).
- Great interpersonal skills and calm demeanor under pressure.
- Experience teaching at the University/College level on relevant subject matter.
- Demonstrated dedication to personal growth as an artist and a leader
- Experience with Crossplay (Cross-Platform) development.
- Experience with developing for VR.
*Because our company is international with a variety of first languages among management, please submit an English resume along with your application.