Development Director - Korean Speaking
Seoul (Remote) • Full time
- KOREAN: FLUENT
- Game Development
Created by Monsters. Built for gamers.™
TLM, an Endava company, is a world-class video game company focused on development for some of the biggest games in the industry. Our mission is to break down barriers in the video game industry and make game tech available to all game developers regardless of size.
We are looking for good humans with incredible talent to make great games.
Position Summary: Development Director
We are looking for an experienced Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming, to provide daily production leadership to the project and its teams.
- 100% Remote position & other cool benefits
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in the Korean language
- Working with an international team on AA or AAA games in an Unreal Studio
- Manage the development of multiple game development projects, providing world-class, custom solutions for our extensive and growing list of partners, all big names in the video gaming industry. Check out our website for a list of some of our amazing partners.
- Unique opportunity to work on multiple leading game titles.
- Lead multiple cross-discipline development projects, including partnership engagements, potentially game technology initiatives, or new IP development.
- Drive strong project management practices and own the successful delivery and completion against goals, commitments, quality, and project KPIs.
- Ensure excellent communication of project goals, status of deliverables, risks and mitigations with teams, clients, and senior leadership.
- Identify project risks and mitigate to resolution.
- Manage a small team of Producers, providing strong coaching, mentoring, adoption of best practices, and career growth.
- Support product development leadership in achievement of quarterly OKRs, KPIs and our pursuit of “iterating to greatness”.
- Must be fluent in Korean and English, both written and spoken.
- Must reside in Seoul, South Korea and have authorization to work in South Korea.
- 3+ years leading cross-discipline game development teams in a Development Director or Production role.
- 2+ JIRA and Confluence expertise
- 2+ years recent experience leading development on console/PC platforms, in a AAA game environment.
- 4+ years combined experience developing PC or Console games.
- Strong record of leading the successful delivery for major game development efforts, including at least one shipped title.
- Team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day.
- Strong communication and writing skills across all levels of an organization.
- Experience with agile project management processes.
- Experience in collaboration with technical, engineering, design, art and QA teams.
- Passion for developing amazing video games.
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine is an advantage.
- Experience working remotely and across time zones and locations.
- Agile certifications are a great bonus.
*Because our company is international with a variety of first languages among management, please submit an English resume along with your application.