Senior Technical Artist - Korea Based
Seoul (Remote) • Full time
- KOREAN: FLUENT
- Game Development
Created by Monsters. Built for gamers.™
TLM, an Endava company, is a world-class video game company focused on development for some of the biggest games in the industry. Our mission is to break down barriers in the video game industry and make game tech available to all game developers regardless of size.
We are looking for good humans with incredible talent to make great games.
Position Summary: Senior Technical Artist
- 100% Remote position & other cool benefits
- Reports to: Technical Art Director
- The Tech-Art team is a crossroads for art, engineering, and design.
- You communicate clearly and concisely to any audience in order to provide details that are important and relevant to them.
You are a support class! A good support specializes in healing and buffing their team.
💚 Heal We fix problems that others don’t know how to solve.
- You are resourceful and are quick to figure out how to do something you’ve maybe never even heard of before.
- You know the Unreal API well enough to be dangerous, and use that power responsibly.
- You understand performance and optimization and can help identify and prioritize problems as they arise.
✨ Buff We strive to make everyone’s job easier and more enjoyable.
- You create tools to support content creation for Art, Animation, and Design. And you write clear, concise documentation for your tools (with pictures. Artists love pictures).
- You help to define best practices and processes that the entire organization can benefit from.
- You communicate and coordinate with your team to surface issues and bring clarity.
- You share your expertise with your peers (within Tech-Art and other departments alike) and accept critique with an open mind.
- You build morale, by supporting and encouraging your team with their work.
- Must be fluent in Korean and English, both written and spoken.
- Must reside in Seoul, South Korea and have authorization to work in South Korea.
- A portfolio or code samples with at least two examples of your technical art skills in Unreal and/or Maya within the last 3 years. (Any in-game or cinematic clips should include a description of how you contributed)
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Active communication skills with a professional level of English proficiency.
- A passion for making tools for content creators/designers.
- Knowledge of Python, C#, or other scripting languages.
- Expertise in at least one DCC package. Maya is preferred.
Experience developing PC/Console games using Frostbite Engine.
Motivation and skills to mentor/train others.
Solid understanding of performance and optimization for Unreal Engine.
Intermediate C++ knowledge.
Strong math skills: 3D math, dot arithmetic, and working knowledge of analytic geometry.
Working knowledge of open-source tools such as Blender.
Experience developing games on current-gen consoles.
*Because our company is international with a variety of first languages among management, please submit an English resume along with your application.