Application Software Engineer
Seoul (On-site) • Full time
- KOREAN: FLUENT
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
(We are hiring for all levels of experience.)
We are looking for bright software engineers interested in extending and adapting our products for Applied’s global customers. Our Application Software Engineers have a unique mix of software expertise, domain knowledge, and an execution-driven mindset. Using these skills, our engineers work closely with autonomy developers to ensure that Applied’s products are providing maximum impact to advance customers autonomy initiatives. This is an important role for the company, bringing together our product and engineering expertise with our customer-centric culture.
Check out what a typical day would look like as an Application Software Engineer here!
At Applied, you will:
- Work closely with customers to understand their development needs and use cases for autonomy to propose effective use of Applied’s products
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure the product roadmap enables current and prospective customers
- Ensure customer needs are supported by the broader engineering team through effective prioritization
- Collaborate with our sales team to gather requirements through detailed technical discussions and workshops
- Explore new product development areas driven by strategic understanding of the customer landscape
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience with interacting with end-customers as an application engineer or a developer
- Familiarity with best practices in large scale software development
- Strong communication skills and focus on solving customer problems
- Fluency in English and Korean
Nice to have:
- Prior background in technical sales or application engineering for simulation products
- Experience with automotive OEMs or suppliers
- Prior work in autonomous vehicle development domains
- Prior work in software simulation
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.