Seoul (Hybrid) • Full time
- KOREAN: NOT REQUIRED
- ENGLISH: BUSINESS
- Problem Solving
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are currently recruiting an Information Technology Engineer who can design, develop, analyze, and test software systems (Web / Mobile applications) as a back-end developer. You will create, code, and improve the server, server-side applications, and databases that, when combined with front-end codes, help creating a functional, seamless experience for the end-user. You need to study industry trends, create or improve back-end processes and codes, and work with cross functional teams to design a better program.
You will be required to focus on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. Also, you will be required to work in teams alongside front-end developers, UX/UI designers, and a Scrum Master to ensure all elements of web creations are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This role will require you to work both proactively and autonomously with a diverse team of colleagues and partners with varying experience across different business areas, domains and backgrounds.
- Work Location : Asem Tower (Samsung-dong)
- Work Type : Hybrid (Work from home & office)
- Compiles and analyzes data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborates with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Develops ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Records data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participates in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Takes lead on projects, as needed.
- Creates a more seamless experience for users.
Basic Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science or related field.
- Fluency or understanding of database management systems, operating systems, and CI (Continuous integration) / CD (Continuous delivery) are required.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in some of following areas: Aerospace, Product Development, Manufacturing System & Technology, Smart Factory, Lean, Software Integration, Communications Systems and Networks, Data Analytics and Information Management, awareness of Product Safety and Certification.
This is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are proud members of the Valuable 500 and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.