Seoul (Hybrid) • Full time
- KOREAN: NOT REQUIRED
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We are committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Korea Engineering and Technology Center (BKETC) is seeking an Information Technology Engineer who can design, develop, analyze, and test software systems (Web / Mobile applications) as a front-end developer.
- Work Location : ASEM Tower (Samsung-Dong)
- Work Type : Hybrid (Work from Home & Office)
You will be responsible for creating a wireframe / graphic representation of interface, ensuring the alignment of software design and user experience requirements, optimizing Web / Mobile applications for maximum efficiency, and maintaining consistency across all applications, among other duties. You will also be required to work in teams alongside back-end developers, UX/UI designers, and a Scrum Master to ensure all elements of Web creations are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This role is fundamental to the successful growth of the team and it will require you to work both proactively and autonomously with a diverse team of colleagues and partners with varying experience across different business areas, domains and backgrounds.
- Understand and identify the user’s strivings, goals, behavior patterns, and model scenarios of user’s interaction
- Create a wireframe / graphic representation of App/Web interface in line with branding, current trends, and marketing strategy
- Create the convenient interface, which would fulfill the user’s needs
- Define and validate requirements for new and revised software systems
- Research, develop, analyze, design and test software systems using engineering and scientific principles
- Develop and deploy new or revised processes in support of new computing systems, including documentation and training
- Determine the structure and design of Web pages / Applications
- Troubleshoot user problems related to software or processes
- Develop system integration strategies and architectures that promote use of common tools and processes
- Communicate with customers to identify their needs
- Optimize Websites / Web applications across different platforms, including laptops and smartphones
- Run tests to ensure code strings perform the correct functions
- Develop features to enhance the user experience
- Ensure user experience determines design choices
- Build reusable code for future use
- Optimize Web pages / Applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Maintain brand consistency throughout the design
- Fix any Web pages / Applications issues or bugs that arise
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science or related field
- Understanding of key design principles
- Understanding of server-side CSS
- Understanding of database management systems, operating systems, and CI (Continuous integration) / CD (Continuous delivery)
- Experience with Software for graphic design, prototyping, wireframing applications
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in some of following areas: Aerospace, Product Development, Manufacturing System & Technology, Smart Factory, Lean, Software Integration, Communications Systems and Networks, Data Analytics and Information Management, awareness of Product Safety and Certification.
This is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability accordingly to applicable laws.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a "Best Family Friendly Management" company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are proud members of the Valuable 500 and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.