Senior System Software Engineer
Seoul (Hybrid) • Full time
- KOREAN: FLUENT
- Embedded System
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Korea Engineering and Technology Center (BKETC) is seeking a high-potential Senior System Software Engineer to join Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) team based in ASEM Tower, Samsung-Dong, Seoul, Korea.
We develop the platform, algorithm, Linux based custom OS for Health Management of our products and work in a hybrid manner (combination of work from home and office).
You can refer to this website: https://services.boeing.com/maintenance-engineering/maintenance-optimization/airplane-health-management-ahm
Boeing places high priority in identifying the right talent for its workforce, and in investing in its employees’ careers and development. Boeing begins its employees’ journey with a two-year fixed-term employment contract with full benefits. Following successful completion of the employment term, employees will be eligible to permanently continue their employment.
- Work Location : Asem Tower (Samsung-dong)
- Work Type : Hybrid (Work from home & office)
- Develop Embedded Linux application software to process airplane data
- A successful candidate will lead a diverse group of junior-level through senior-level embedded software engineers to develop innovative mission airline health management software/platform in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- All software engineering lifecycle activities in line with DO-178 Aircraft Airworthiness Certification including planning, requirements development, software architecture design, software development, and verification for the Boeing products
- The candidate will oversee teams in various phases of maturity, spanning from project inception through operational sustainment for both program-unique and product-line projects
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other technical degree
- 6+ years of experience in embedded software on the RTOS, I/O drivers, Networking (TCP/ UDP), and Object-Oriented Design
- 6+ years of experience programming in C and C++ (CMake)
- 6+ years of experience in Software Architecture and Design of Embedded Software Systems
- Experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
- Applicants must have the enthusiasm to learn new technologies and expand his/her skill sets
- Should be an excellent team player
- 5+ years of experience in Unix/Linux and/or embedded RTOS experience involving multi-processing, network protocols, and fully deterministic operations
- Experience in Application SW optimization and debugging
- Experience in OS Virtualization with Docker and etc
- Experience in coding real-time Avionics flight software using C++
- Experience in shell script, makefile programming languages and frameworks
- Experience in leading Agile teams for software & systems engineering
- Experience in Git CI/DevOps tools
- Knowledge and Experience in Avionics software components
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
This is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are proud members of the Valuable 500 and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.