Data Engineer · Lunit INSIGHT
Seoul (On-site) • Full time
- KOREAN: NOT REQUIRED
🗨️ About the team
The candidate will work as part of the DI (Data Intelligence) team focusing on data engineering and data science challenges to support the wider AIR (AI Research) team.
- Working with Data Engineers in the DI team to build systems and services to improve the use of data within the research group (databases, processing pipelines).
- Support requirements from Data Scientists and ML Researchers/Engineers for processing needs.
🗨️ About the position
Your work will directly contribute to our mission to Conquer Cancer through AI by improving Lunit’s AI systems. Working towards our mission involves solving numerous challenging yet interesting problems. To be more specific:
- Accurate and early detection of cancer in various medical images. How can we build models that work well and are robust in clinical practice?
- Lunit has one of the largest datasets of medical images: With the quality and quantity of the data that Lunit has, you will be given unique opportunities to build best-in-class AI models to contribute to our mission.
- Motivated and diverse team of experts.
🚩 Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines, databases, and analytic tools used to train and evaluate medical AI software
- Improve efficiency and maintainability of existing data pipelines, databases, and analytic tools
- Ensure the consistency and correctness of data pipeline, databases, and analytic tools
- Work closely with research scientists and engineers and participate in research on medical AI, in particular related to data usage for machine learning models
🚩 Tools Used
- Infrastructure: MLFlow, Prefect, GCP, git, docker, pytorch, MySQL, MongoDB
- General: Slack, Confluence, Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, (software) engineering or a related field or proven practical experience
- 5 or more years experience in data engineering and/or software engineering
- Solid experience with Git, Python, and unit/integration testing
- Experience with backend engineering and databases (SQL and MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g., GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Proficient in English
- Highly responsible, eye for detail and motivated to build high quality and reliable solutions following the current best practices
- Exceptional teamwork and mentoring skills
- Experience setting up data pipelines in AI companies, using tools such as Prefect or Airflow
- Knowledge in software architecture.
- Positive influencer and activator of teammates
🏅 Preferred Experiences
- Understanding of common machine learning and computer vision principles.
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience working with image data, in particular medical images
📝How to Apply
- CV (resume, free format, in English)
🏃♀️ Hiring Process
- Document Screening → Introductory Interview → Assignment → Technical Interview → Culture-fit Interview → Onboarding
- All interviews are conducted in English
🤝 Work Conditions and Environment
- Work type: full-time
- Work location : Lunit HQ(5F, 374, Gangnam-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul)
- Salary: after negotiation
- If you misrepresent your experience or education or provide false or fraudulent information in or with your application, it may be grounds for cancellation of the employment.
- Lunit is committed in providing the preferential processing to those eligible for employment protection (national merits and people with disabilities) relevant to related laws and regulations.
🌻Benefits & Perk
- The new office is one minute away by foot from Gangnam Station Exit 3 making it very convenient
- Up to 12, 000 won is covered for both lunch and dinner when working at the office
- Up to 300,000 won is covered upon joining to decorate your personal workspace
- Provide the latest computer models, such as Macs and 4K monitors, and renew them every three years
- Attending seminars and purchasing books are covered
- Regular in-house AI and medical seminars are held
- Korean language education is provided for Lunitians who do not speak Korean as their first language
- Access high-quality AI learning resources & deep learning DevOps system
- Up to 1.2 million won worth of benefits points can be claimed annually
- Korean National holiday gift: Seollal and Chuseok gift/voucher
- Annual medical checkups and employee accident insurance are provided
- Financial support for employees gathering once a month is provided