Database Architect Senior Specialist
Seoul (Hybrid) • Full time
- KOREAN: NOT REQUIRED
- ENGLISH: BUSINESS
- Technical Support
- Customer Support
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
Specific Work-streams And Activities Are Defined As Below
- Design and delivery a solution to provide DBaaS for large number of client applications
- Provision and support various database environments
- Provide assistance to customer in resolving issues and performance bottleneck
- Extremely customer-oriented and background with customer consulting would be helpful
- Provide reporting on various metrics: availability, usage and performance
- Support performance testing and application benchmarking activities
- Continuous improvement of existing processes and standards
- Participate in documenting and improving our processes
- Provide recommendations and guidance for improvements of our design
- Expert level SQL Server/ Azure SQL database knowledge
- Expert level performance tuning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with customer facing situations
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a database engineer/administrator
- Expert knowledge of database products
- Expert knowledge of scripting languages/automation
- Experience in working in cloud environment such as Azure, AWS and GCP
- Experience in providing or support database services in public cloud or private cloud
- Experience in implementation of best practices and performance tuning
- Experience with one or more the following technology will be considered as an asset: SAP HANA, Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience in performance tuning
- Experience in working in a high availability environment (24X7)
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 381473 | Work Area: Customer Service and Support | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: .